- 10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 thick stalk fresh lemongrass—remove outer skins and bottom
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 2 T. fish sauce
- 3 T. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- ¼ c. cilantro, chopped
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
These little drumsticks pack an amazing, complex flavor! Slow Cooker Paleo Coconut Drumsticks is easily doubled or tripled to serve a crowd.
- First, place onion in crock. Remove skins from drumsticks, and place on top of chicken.
- Next, blend lemongrass, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, fish sauce, coconut aminos, and five spice powder in blender until a creamy sauce is formed.
- At this point, you can marinate chicken overnight in fridge to develop more flavor, or go to next step.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4-5 hours.
- Sprinkle cilantro over drumsticks before eating.