- 2 c. coconut sugar
- 1 3/4 c. 100% whole-grain pastry flour
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 c. vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 c. coconut oil, melted +1 T.
- 1/3 c. applesauce
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. boiling filtered water
Clean Eating? We have you covered! This Slow Cooker Clean Eating Chocolate Cake is a classic. Enjoy with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or fruit.
- Grease a large crock with 1 T. coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Add in sugar and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla until well combined.
- Whisk in the boiling water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Pour batter into greased crock.
- Cover and crock on LOW about 3 hours, or until cake starts to pull away from sides.
- Turn off crock, and allow cake to cool in crock for 30 minutes before serving.