- 1 lb. flank steak, cut against grain, into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 c. Organic Tamari
- 1/2 c. filtered water
- 1/2 c. coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 c. hoisin sauce, “Kame” brand
Change up your weeknight routine with this traditional Slow Cooker Gluten-Free Mongolian Beef. Try adding more vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, or bok choy to fire things up.
- Place flank steak and cornstarch into a zip bag and seal. Shake the bag to evenly coat the flank steak with the cornstarch. Allow to steak rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak until evenly browned, 2-4 minutes.
- Place onion, bell pepper, garlic, flank steak, green onions, Tamari, water, sugar, ginger, and hoisin sauce in crock.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4 hours. Serve over rice.
NOTE: Flank steak is thin and has very little fat, and will cook quickly. If your crock tends to cook hot, please check it after 3 hours! The meat is done when it is no longer pink and has reaches desired tenderness.