- 1 T. coconut oil
- 6 slices uncured bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lb. pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 12 pastured eggs
- 1 c. almond milk
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Everyone loves a hearty and healthy breakfast to start their day. Why not assemble Slow Cooker Paleo Hash Brown Casserole the night before your next big cooking day?
- Grease inside of crock with oil.
- Brown bacon in skillet over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, then crumble.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; cook and stir onion, red bell pepper, and garlic until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir potatoes into onion mixture. Spoon 1/3 the potato mixture into the slow cooker then add 1/3 the bacon. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Whisk eggs, milk, dill, sea salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on LOW 8-10 hours.
NOTE: If you are starch-sensitive Paleo, consider using sweet potatoes in lieu of hash browns (as pictured).