- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 small eggplant, diced
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with peppers
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. Quinoa, uncooked
- 1-2 T. Red curry paste, to taste
- 1 c. almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 c. raisins (optional)
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
Slow Cooker Clean-Eating Curried Quinoa and Vegetables could become a regular in your weeknight rotation. Not too spicy and light enough to enjoy second helpings.
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, summer squash, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes (with juices), water, and curry paste.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4-6 hours or HIGH 2-3 hours.
- Stir in Quinoa 30 minutes before serving.. Fluff all before serving.
Serving suggestions: If desired, sprinkle each serving with almonds, raisins, and cilantro or on a bed of salad leaves.
Optional: I also use fresh tomatoes when they are available.