- 12 oz. blackberries, frozen
- 20 oz. blueberries, frozen
- 2 c. flour, all purpose, divided
- 3/4 c. sugar, plus 3 T. sugar, divided
- 1 T. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 c. milk, plus 2 T. milk
- 4 T. butter, unsalted, melted and cooled
Slow Cooker Berry Dumplings are great as you can use any kind of berry you have on hand. They are a kiddo favorite too, especially when you use the berries they like!
- Combine berries (berry) of your choice. (For nutrition facts I’ll use multiple berries, blueberries and blackberries) with 1/4 c. flour, 3/4 c. sugar, lemon juice, 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a microwave bowl.
- Place uncovered into the microwave until the berries begin to look juicy, about 5 minutes. Note: at about 2 1/2 minutes STIR.
- Stir well at the end of the 5 minutes and transfer to your slow cooker and spread evenly in the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1 3/4 c. flour, 2 T. sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk, melted butter, stir well to combine.
- In a very small bowl, combine 1 T. sugar, and the remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
- Grease with butter or spay with cooking spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup, and scoop 8 equal dumplings around the side of the slow cooker, on top of the berries.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Cover and Crock on Low for 4 hours.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream!