- 2-15 oz. cans cannellini beans
- 15 oz. fava beans
- 1/4 c. pesto
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 oz. package polenta (in roll), cut in slices
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 c. Italian cheese blend, finely shredded
- 2 c. spinach, fresh
- 1 c. torn radicchio
Polenta is one of my favorites, and it is used lasagna-style in this beautiful and filling Slow Cooker Vegetable-Polenta Casserole!
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a bowl combine beans, 2 T. of pesto, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Layer half of bean mixture in crock, half of polenta, and then half of cheese. Add remaining beans and polenta.
- Cover and crock on LOW 4-6 hours or HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Add tomato, remaining cheese, spinach, and radicchio at end.
- Dollop pesto on top casserole.
- Turn off crock and let stand uncovered for 5 minutes.