- 1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1-1/2 c. arborio rice
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated (fresh)
- Basil, fresh, for garnish
Risotto is one of those dishes, that–well, let’s face it–is tough to nail perfectly. Try this Slow Cooker Sundried Tomato Risotto in your slow cooker–no endless stirring required!
- Place sun-dried tomatoes into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add arborio rice and onions, tossing with tomatoes until rice and onions are well-coated with oil.
- Next, add the chicken stock.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 2-4 hours, or until the rice is tender.
- Check rice for softness after 2 hours.
- When rice reaches desired tenderness, turn off crock and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Remove lid and let risotto sit 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with fresh Basil, if desired.
Optional: To make this dish Vegetarian, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock.