- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, with juice, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs (about 4 lbs.), skin and fat removed
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh parsley
Chicken? Check? Flavor? Check! Ready to impress the in-laws sort of dish? Check! Enjoy this recipe for Slow Cooker Wine Braised Chicken.
- After cooking bacon until crisp, allow to cool and drain. Crumble when cool.
- Drain all bacon grease from skillet, but reserve a Tablespoon or two. Add onion until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, fennel seeds, pepper and bay leaf and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Next, add wine and bring to a boil for two minutes. Add tomatoes and their juice and salt; stir well.
- Place chicken thighs in crock. Sprinkle the bacon over the chicken. Pour the wine and tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and crock HIGH about 3 hours or LOW 6 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf.
Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.