- 1 c. flour, all purpose
- 1 c. oats, rolled, old fashioned
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 c. cold butter cut into pieces
- 6 c. apples, large, peeled cored and thickly sliced
- 4 to 5 T. apple juice
I am never disappointed with Slow Cooker Apple Crumble! Delicious! Reminds me of my youth and the family get togethers, and we would have this fabulous dessert, with homemade ice cream! YUM!
- Stir the flour, oats, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and nuts together in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the butter, and mix with a pastry blender, fork or hands until pea sized lumps are formed.
- Transfer the sliced apples into the base of the slow cooker and add the apple juice.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the apples.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 – 6 hours or until apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!