- 8 c. blueberries, pureed
- 2 c. sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
My sister and I spent many summers picking blueberries at our Aunt and Uncle’s blueberry farm in Florida during our youth. My Aunt had a recipe for almost anything with blueberries! Slow Cooker Blueberry Butter is one of my favorites.
- Place pureed blueberries in crock.
- Cover and crock on Low for 1 hour.
- Stir blueberries after 1 hour, replace lid but keep cracked slightly open with a spoon or chopstick, to allow steam to escape. Continue crocking on Low for another 4 hours.
- In the final hour, add the sugar, lemon zest and juice, and spices. Liquid will evaporate if you remove lid and continue to crock on High, but keep stirring mixture every 10 minutes or so, to insure jam does not scorch.
- Blueberry butter is done when it reaches a gooey jam consistency.