- 2 T. peanut or olive oil
- 3 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 c. fish sauce
- 1-2 c. coconut water
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 scallions, coarsely chopped
Wondering what to do with that pork shoulder besides “Pulled Pork” sandwiches? Make Slow Cooker Paleo Coconut Braised Pork for an intensely flavorful dish, sure to impress the most refined palate!
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the oil. Sear the meat in batches, browning well on all sides, about 15 minutes total.
- Transfer the meat to the crock and add the fish sauce and just enough coconut water to almost cover the meat.
- Cover and crock on LOW about 8 hours.
- Serve warm and season with a Tablespoon or two of the braising liquid left in crock.
- Garnish with cilantro and scallion.
Serve over jasmine or brown rice.