- Dry active yeast (1 pkg.)
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. apple butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 c. bread flour
- 4 T. melted butter
- 2 T. brown sugar
You will definitely be getting a few pats on the back when you serve up Slow Cooker Apple and Cinnamon Yeast Rolls made with cinnamon and apple butter.
- Pour warm water (105-115 degrees) and sugar in stand mixer. Pour yeast over sugar water and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low and add the apple butter, egg and salt.
- Slowly stir in cinnamon and flour. Next, add the melted butter. Knead the dough on a floured surface at this point, or in stand mixer with dough hook for 5-7 minutes. Dough will be quite tacky.
- Re-flour work surface and using a floured knife, cut the dough into 4 quarters. Next, cut each quarter into 6 equal pieces, to make 24 small pieces. Create little dough balls by forming in hand.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper in crock, and press down. Arrange 12 dough balls in the crock. Sprinkle the rolls with a little brown sugar.
- Cover. Crock on High for 1-1 1/2 hours. While these first 12 are cooking, keep next 12 covered with plastic wrap on counter, or place in fridge for another time.
- The rolls are done when they feel slightly firm and no longer tacky. Repeat with second batch. Total crock time for both batches will be 3 hours max.