- 2 butternut squash, medium, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 T. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c. Rice Krispies
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. pecans, chopped (or other nuts)
- 2 T> melted butter
In the fall, I love all the wonderful squash recipes. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Casserole is just one of the delicious side dishes. Enjoy!
- In a large saucepan cover the prepared butternut squash with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a separate bowl, with a hand wand beat squash until smooth.
- Mix the following ingredients; sugar, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg and beat well into the squash.
- Spray the crock of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Transfer the casserole mixture into a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5-1/2 – 7-1/2 hours or on High for 1-3/4 – 2-3/4 hours.
Optional: Sprinkle the topping mix of Rice Krispies, brown sugar, pecans and butter on during the last 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: Test with a thermometer inserted near the center of the casserole to read 160°.
Nutrition facts include Topping!