- 2 1/4 lb. veal tip round roast, lean, boneless, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. mushrooms, fresh, packaged, pre-sliced
- 1 1/2 c. carrots, sliced
- 1 c. onions, slivered
- 2 T. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.25 oz. flour, all-purpose (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 T. Hungarian sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. sour cream, reduced-fat
- 5 1/4 c. egg noodles, hot cooked (about 10 oz. uncooked pasta)
- 3 1/2 tsp. parsley, fresh, chopped
- 7 tsp. chives, fresh, chopped
Slow Cooker Veal Paprikash is a Hungarian dish that is delightful and very Tasty!
- In a 3 1/2 – 4 quart slow cooker, put in veal tip round roast, mushrooms, carrots, onions, parsley, garlic cloves and bay leaves; toss well.
- Mix flour, Hungarian sweet paprika, salt, thyme and black pepper, in a bowl; gradually adding wine, stirring until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to slow cooker; stirring well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or until veal and vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Turn slow cooker off, and let mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles; sprinkle with parsley and chives.