- 8 lb. Leg of Lamb, bone-in
- 1/3 c. fresh mint, chopped
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp. Lemon Pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/8 c. olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 cup hearty red wine
- 3-4 sprigs thyme
- 1 red onion, chopped
This Slow Cooker Braised Leg of Lamb will have your guests thinking you slaved away in the kitchen all day! A combination of fresh herbs and hearty red wine lend amazing flavor to this delicious, refined dish.
- Make a marinade for the lamb by combining the mint, rosemary, lemon pepper, garlic and olive oil; rub marinade all over the lamb.
- Next, season with sea salt to your taste. If possible, cover lamb and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade; meanwhile heat a heavy-bottomed pan (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add a touch of olive oil to hot pan and start to sear lamb. Sear on all sides.
- Add red wine, red onion and thyme sprigs to crock, then place seared lamb into crock. Cover and crock on LOW 6-8 hours.
NOTE: Great with roasted potatoes, carrots and mint jelly. Also, if you do not have wine on hand, try balsamic vinegar or beef broth.