- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 c. milk, divided
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 oz. white chocolate square
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate square
- Optional: whipped cream and chocolate shavings
I love when we get that first snowfall of the year–it’s a great excuse to make this recipe! Slow Cooker Decadent Hot Chocolate will warm your bones after playing in the snow.
- Whisk to combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and 1/2 c. milk in medium bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crock. Next, add 2 1/2 c. milk and the vanilla to crock.
- Cover and crock on LOW 2 hours. After 2 hours, add heavy cream; re-cover and crock 10 minutes on LOW.
- Add in both types of chocolate squares, stir and allow to melt.
- Pour into mugs, and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired. Keep on WARM setting if serving later.
Nutrition facts include whipped cream and chocolate shavings!