- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. ground chuck, browned and drained well
- 29 oz. tomatoes, diced with juice ( 2 - 14.5 oz cans)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 envelope dry taco seasoning mix
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 15 oz. beans (pinto w/jalapenos or black, etc.) (optional)
- 1 1/2 c. corn, kernels, frozen, or 1 (16oz) can whole kernel corn, drained (optional)
- 1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
- 2 T. tapioca, instant
- 1 package macaroni and cheese or shells and cheese, deluxe type
- salt and pepper to taste
Slow Cooker Chili Mac and Cheese is also a kiddo favorite! I enjoy the cheesy noodles, and the blend of the delicious spices. YUM!
- Combine browned ground beef, tomatoes, tomato paste, taco seasoning, cumin, beans, corn, green pepper and tapioca.
- Transfer to a 3 1/2 – 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook macaroni and cheese according to package directions and combine with slow cooker mixture (may need a separate large bowl).
- Add salt and pepper as desired.