- 1 c. rice, jasmine
- 8 c. water
- 1″ piece ginger, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Fish: Marinade
- 1 lb. cod fish, cut into large chunks
- 1 T. fish sauce
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. seasame oil
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
Slow Cooker Fish Congee is a porridge that you can really put about anything you want in it! You can even make this with no protein and serve it for breakfast. My favorite way to prepare this is with cod fish in this recipe. The ginger and soy sauce also add a wonderful blend of flavor for this dish!
- Place the fish in a bowl and top with fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place the rice, water, ginger, and salt in a slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 5-6 hours (it will be runny!)
- Add fish and cook an additional 20 minutes or until fish is cooked to your liking.
- Serve congee topped with fried onions or fried garlic bits.
Prior to serving, add the marinated fish to the slow cooker and let it cook for an additional 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Top with scallions and/or fried garlic bits when serving.
Garnished your bowls with sliced green onions.