- 1 c. rice, jasmine
- 8 c. water
- 1″ piece ginger, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Fish: Marinate
- 1 lb. fish, haddock fillets, cut into large cubes
- 1 T. fish sauce
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. seasame oil
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
Slow Cooker Fish Congee is a porridge that you can really put about anything you want in it. But I like the haddock in this recipe. The ginger, soy sauce and ginger also add a wonderful blend of flavor for this dish!
- In a bowl, marinate the fish in the fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper.
- Put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place the rice, water, ginger, and salt in a slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 5-6 hours, or on Low for 8-12 hours.
NOTE: The thickness will be like pancake batter.
Prior to serving, add the marinated fish to the slow cooker and let it cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Garnished your bowls with sliced green onions.