- 4 c. milk (2% or lower is best not to worry about curdling)
- 1/2 c. white sugar (Baker's sugar is nice because it dissolves nicely)
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- cinnamon stick, whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 c. strong black coffee, or a freshly-brewed shot of espresso
During the Holidays it is fun to whip up easy coffee drinks for family and friends. Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte (Copycat) is a fun drink to serve, and delicious! YUMMY!
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, you could also use a 1.5 to 2 quart slow cooker unless you will be doubling this recipe.
- Place the milk into your slow cooker, and whisk in the dried spices. DO NOT add the coffee.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 3 hours, or High for 1-2 hours. The milk should be quite hot, but if your slow cooker tends to get hot enough to boil, keep an eye on it. DO NOT let the milk boil.
- Pour over hot coffee or espresso.
NOTE: This could serve 4, especially if you are adding the milk on top of coffee. Otherwise it serves 2 with a bit of milk left for kid cups.
Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick.