- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 c. cheese, baby Swiss, grated
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
Any Onion Dip is good but wait until you make this delicious Slow Cooker Onion Dip! Your guests will be raving over your dip! The flavor is out of this world… PROMISE! Enjoy!
- Set the temperature in a 2-quart slow cooker to High and add olive oil and butter; let butter melt.
- Add onions and stir.
- Set temperature at low at the is time.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5-6 hours, stirring twice during cooking time, until onions are browned and caramelized.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2-3 more hours until cheeses have melted and dip is blended, stirring once during cooking time.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, and breadsticks.
- Keep warm in slow cooker for up to 2 hours, best if you have a warm setting on your slow cooker. If you only have Low you will want to watch your dip!
NOTE: Love to make this the day ahead so it is ready for my guests.. then just warm up!
Optional Serving Suggestions – I like to serve with little dishes for dip, so they can load up their plates.. Also like to use as a spread on a Hamburger!