- 1-1/2 c. dried chick peas
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 c. reserved juices from cooked chickpeas
Hummus has to be one of my very favorite things on this planet to eat! It’s delicious, and so, so good for you! You need not be a vegetarian to enjoy this simple recipe for Slow Cooker Mediterranean Hummus.
- Rinse and wash dried chickpeas.
- Place beans in a small crock, and add water just to cover; then add more water–enough to add another inch atop the chickpeas.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 4-5 hours, or until chick peas are very soft and easily mashed.
- Check the water level occasionally, and if chick peas are looking dry, add more hot water.
- Next, remove chickpeas from slow cooker into food processor or blender, using a slotted spoon.
- Reserve the liquid still left in crock.
- Add sea salt, garlic, olive oil, pepper, lemon juice, cucumber, and 1/3 c. cooking liquid left in crock to the food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Keep adding a Tablespoon of cooking liquid, as needed, until you have reached desired consistency.
- Allow hummus to cool and store in refrigerator several hours before serving.
Serve with pita chips, veggies, and/or chips.