- 1-1/2 c. Dried Chick Peas
- 2 c. or more of Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. Tahini
- 1/3 c. (or more) reserved juices
Hummus has to be one of my very favorite things on this planet to eat! It’s delicious, and so, so good for you! You need not be a vegetarian to enjoy this simple recipe for Slow Cooker Mediterranean Hummus.
- Rinse and wash dried chickpeas.
- Place beans in the slow cooker and add enough water to completely cover the peas.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 4 hours, or until chickpeas are very soft. (add more water as needed when cooking.)
- Next, drain chickpeas and reserve liquid.
- Place chickpeas in a blender, add garlic, salt & pepper and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Squeeze in lemon juice, 1/3 c. of reserved liquid and tahini paste. Pulse.
- Finally, drizzle in olive oil while blending until completely combined.
- Keep adding a bit of cooking liquid in, if needed until you have reached desired consistency.
- Allow hummus to cool and store in refrigerator several hours before serving.
Serve with pita chips, veggies, and/or chips.