- 10 oz. frozen corn
- 4 Small, Red Potatoes - cleaned and quartered.
- 3/4 c. chopped carrots
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 6 oz. crab meat, canned, drained
- 1/2 c. green onions, sliced
Crab is so versatile; it works well in soups and stews, pasta dishes, and of course-crab cakes! I like to stock up when it’s on sale and make a big batch of this yummy, healthy soup–Slow Cooker Potato Crab Chowder.
- Place potatoes and carrots in the bottom of a 5-Quart slow cooker. Add the chopped onion, peas and corn on top onions/carrots in the slow cooker.
- Add thyme, garlic, and pepper.
- Next, pour broth and water into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, stir together evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth in a medium bowl.
- Pour into milk mixture into slow cooker and stir ingredients.Lightly mash potatoes.
- Re-cover and cook on LOW 1 hour.
- Lastly, stir in crab meat and green onions.