- 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed (I like Eden brand)
- 1 c. quinoa, rinsed
- 2 c. chicken broth, vegetable broth, or coconut water
- 3/4 c. salsa verde
- 1/4 c. corn, whole kernel
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Lime juice
Quinoa has slowly become a staple in my home! I love cooking with it because it packs so much protein and keeps you full after a meal! This recipe for Slow Cooker Gluten Free Mexi Quinoa and Beans would be a great addition to a potluck or Taco Night!
- Add beans, quinoa, broth, salsa, corn, cumin, sea salt and garlic to crock.
- Cover and crock on HIGH for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Add fresh lime juice to your liking; next sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: Top with sliced avocado, tomatoes, and/or cooked chicken to make this a complete meal.