- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz. tomatillo sauce (salsa verde)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- cilantro, jalapeños, and/or lime for garnish
All the flavors of Mexico are right here in this humble little soup! Slow Cooker Paleo Easy Mexi Chicken Soup is super yummy! Optional: Beef this soup up a bit with black beans or corn, if you are Paleo-free.
- Start by layering the onions and bell peppers on the bottom of a 6-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Next, add chicken breasts.
- Season breasts with chili powder, cumin, oregano and sea salt.
- Add tomatillo sauce/salsa verde, garlic, and broth.
- Cover and crock on HIGH 3-4 hours, or LOW 6 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro, jalapeños, and/or lime, if desired.