- 7 to 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 c. chickpeas, rinsed, canned
- 1/3 c. apricots, dried. sliced
- 1/3 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tsp. olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp. ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
This dish is super tasty and may use a few ingredients you normally don’t cook with. It’s okay – live a little and make this delicious Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken! Serve it over couscous or rice and enjoy all the flavors of this delicious dish.
Note: I opted for chicken breasts (pictured) as my family doesn’t care for dark meat. However, this dish is much better when cooked with chicken thighs. They will be juicy and tender after slow cooking. Be very careful when making this recipe with chicken breasts so that they don’t dry out. Leave the lid on during the entire cooking process!
- Combine chicken thighs, chickpeas, apricots, raisins, chicken broth, ginger, olive oil, salt, coriander, cinnamon, and pepper in your slow cooker.
- Stir ingredients to combine.
- Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low or for 4 hours on High.
Delicious when served over couscous or rice and if desired garnish with pine nuts or nuts of your choice and/or cilantro.