- 7 to 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 c. chickpeas, rinsed, canned
- 1/3 c. apricots, dried. sliced
- 1/3 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tsp. olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp. ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Several have asked if they can make Moroccan Chicken with chicken breasts, and you certainly can, but I think the boneless chicken thighs add more flavor. Let me know what you think about the Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken! It is delicious in my book!
- Combine chicken thighs, chickpeas, apricots, raisins, chicken broth, ginger, olive oil, salt, coriander, cinnamon, and pepper in your slow cooker.
- Stir ingredients to combine.
- Cover. Cook for 8 hours on Low or for 4 hours on High.
Delicious when served over couscous or rice and if desired garnish with pine nuts or nuts of your choice and/or cilantro.