- 1 T. olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 lbs. ground beef, 90% lean, tukey or bison
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin, crushed or coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 2 T. red-wine vinegar
- 2 c. onion, diced
- 2 c. peppers, banana shaped, chopped, seeded,
- 1 c. corn, frozen, thawed
- 1/2 c. olives, green, pitted, sliced
- 5 garlic clove, minced
- 28 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Looking for a delicious and hearty meal, look no longer as you will have it in this Slow Cooker Picadillo! Have to mention it is full of delicious flavor!
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and ground beef, (or turkey or bison) brown and break up in the bottom o the skillet for 6 to 7 minutes. Drain off excess fat. I place on a paper towel, and place back in the skillet.
- For 2-3 minutes in the skillet, add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cinnamon.
- Combine the above with the water, tomato paste, and vinegar.
- In a 5 – 6 quart slow cooker, place the meat mixture.
- Mix in onion, peppers, corn, olives, and garlic with the meat mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice.
- Cover. Cook on Low or 7 – 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- Before serving season with salt and pepper, stirring the picadillo well.