- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded & cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow summer squash, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 4 oz. thin green beans, cut in 2-inch lengths
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14 1/2 oz. broth, chicken or vegetable
- 2 T. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 9 oz. fresh cheese tortellini
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
Slow Cooker Tortellini Squash Stew is a deightful stew, full of flavor and delicious veggies! The key to this recipe is using fresh!
- Mix butternut squash, zucchini, yellow summer squash, onion, pepper, green beans, tomatoes, broth, oregano, and salt in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and crock on Low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- When crocking time is over, uncover and turn slow cooker to high and stir in tortellini.
- Cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes, or until pasta is almost tender.
- Again, uncover and gently stir in spinach and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until spinach is cooked down and tortellini is tender.