- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded & cubed (10 oz. frozen ok too!)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. chicken broth
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 9 oz. fresh/refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
Slow Cooker Tortellini Squash Stew is a delightful stew, full of flavor and delicious veggies! The key to this recipe is using fresh veggies!
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet; add onions and salt and saute until translucent. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Top onions with butternut squash, zucchini, yellow summer squash, onion, pepper, tomatoes, broth, oregano, and salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours
- Remove lid and stir in tortellini.
- Cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to al dente.
- Again, uncover and gently stir in spinach and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.