- extra Virgin olive oil, as needed
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, large, thinly sliced
- 4-5 carrots, medium
- 4 c. cabbage, shredded thin
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 28 oz. tomatoes, fire roasted, Muir Glen, crushed
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 5-6 c. organic broth, as needed
- 8 buffalo sausage, organic free-range, sliced
Slow Cooker Gluten-Free Sausage Stew has all the flavor you would want in a stew! Enjoy this delicious stew!
- Turn on your slow cooker to High and splash extra virgin olive oil into the bottom.
- Once the olive oil is warm, add the chopped garlic and onion stirring to coat.
- Combine the carrots, potatoes and cabbage, and seasoning, along with the sea salt and pepper, and stir into the garlic and onion from step 2.
- Next, add your tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, seasonings, and the hot red pepper flakes to taste.
- Use enough of the broth to cover the veggies in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 4 – 5 hours, or until the potatoes and carrots are tender and the cabbage is soft.
- Now it is time to add the sliced sausage, just to warm through unless your sausage is not pre-cooked, in this case you would add it at the beginning, but most of the buffalo sausage I have found is already cooked.
- If you feel you need more broth, also add it at this time.
- To warm this through, it will only take about 20 – 30 minutes.
- If you need to adjust the seasoning before serving, add a pinch of brown sugar for balance.
NOTE: I also serve with sea salt and pepper for those who like more sea salt and pepper, but I myself don’t use a lot of salt and pepper.