- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 New (red) Potatoes
- 2 c. Carrots, sliced
- 1/4 c. Chicken Broth
- 1/4 c. Dry White Wine
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 1/4 tsp. Salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 lbs. Chicken Thighs or Legs, bone-in (skinned, if desired)
If you like your chicken moist and tender, you will enjoy Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs, Potatoes and Carrots.
- Lightly grease a 6 – 6 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Place onion that was halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 inch slices in slow cooker.
- Wash potatoes and cut them into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Wash and peel carrots and place along with potatoes on top of the onions.
- Mix broth, wine, garlic and thyme with 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cover the vegetables with this mix.
- Make a rub with paprika and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; rubbing over the chicken. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Optional: You can also serve with seasonings of your choice!