- 4 chicken breast, halved, skinless, boneless
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creole-style seasoning to taste
- 14.5 oz. stewed tomatoes, with liquid, canned
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, drained, canned
- 1 pepper, jalapeno, fresh, seeded and chopped
- 1 c. rice, white or brown
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Creole is an EASY dish you can cook all day, and come home to a very tasty dinner. Spice can be adjusted to your taste. YUM!
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, put chicken in the bottom.
- Add seasoning of salt, pepper, and Creole-style seasoning to taste. (More or less for desired spicy flavor.)
- Mix tomatoes with liquid, celery, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or High for 5 to 6 hours.
Optional: If you would like to serve over rice, cook rice per instructions on package
NOTE: If desired, add extra chicken broth or water to make more of a soup.