- 4 chicken breast, halved, boneless, skinless
- 16 oz. jar salsa of your favorite salsa
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper or to taste
- 11 oz. Mexican-style corn, canned and drained
- 15 oz. pinto beans or beans of your choice, canned and drained
There are tons of great Chili recipes for the slow cooker, and I like this one because I love corn. Make Slow Cooker Chicken and Corn Chili your own, and add your favorite seasonings or toppings when serving.
- Place the chicken and salsa in a container or gallon size plastic baggie to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for 4 hours.
- About 4 hours after your dish has been crocking, remove the chicken (Place lid back on slow cooker while you are shredding) and shred with 2 forks. Return the meat to the pot, and continue crocking.
- Mix the corn and the pinto beans and stir into the slow cooker.
NOTE: Simmer for at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve. I like to top mine with sour cream and shredded cheese.