- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 lb. pork, boneless shoulder
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 24 oz. tomatillos, drained and chopped, canned
- 7 oz. peppers, green chiles, diced
- 2 peppers, jalapeño, fresh, sliced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 quart water
- 1 c. cheese, Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- Garnish with 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
If you are looking for that recipe to serve guests that will have them saying WOW… This is it, Slow Cooker Guisado Verde! YUM!
- Brown the pork on all sides in a skillet with the oil.
- Transfer the pork to a slow cooker, reserving the juice in the skillet.
- Saute the onion and garlic for about 1 minute in the skillet and reserved juices.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to the slow cooker, along with skillet juices.
- Combine the tomatillos, green chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro and pour in the slow cooker.
- Dust with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- With 1 quart of water, OR enough to cover all, pour in the slow cooker
- Cover. Crock on High for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with two fork or meat claws and place back in the slow cooker in the juices.
SERVING: Spoon the slow cooker mixture into bowls, and top with cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro sprigs. Also good in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salad and more!