- 1 lb. fish fillets, cut in chunks or shrimp or scallops
- 4 oz. bacon - browned and diced
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 1 lb. potatoes, diced I like my skins on, but you can peel if you'd like)
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. milk
Slow Cooker Seafood and Bacon Chowder is a hearty chowder that will become a repeat on your menu! Delicious!
- While preparing your chowder, turn slow cooker on Low.
- Place the bacon in a skillet until the fat runs; add the potato and fry for 5 mins or until the potato begins to soften.
- Next, add the onions and fry for 5 mins, add oil if needed.
- Transfer the skillet mixture to the slow cooker.
- Place the fish in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Lightly spoon some of the mixture over the chunks. Shrimp and Scallops as noted below should be added in the last 30-45 minutes.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours or until done.
- Taste, and if additional seasoning are needed, add at this time.
- Combine the cornstarch and milk together until smooth (no lumps) and pour into the chowder to thicken.
- Stir well and crock for another 30 – 45 minutes on Low.
NOTE: If you like your chowder thicker, simply use more cornstarch and milk.
NOTE 2: Add the shrimp or scallops in the last 30-45 minutes on High.
SERVE with crusty bread, sprinkle with parsley (if desired) and a nice salad for a hearty meal.