- 1 lb. fish fillets, cut in chunks
- 4 oz. bacon - browned and diced
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 1 lb. potatoes, diced I like my skins on, but you can peel if you'd like)
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. milk
Slow Cooker Seafood and Bacon Chowder is a hearty chowder that will become a repeat on your menu! Delicious!
- While preparing your chowder, turn slow cooker on Low.
- Place the bacon in a skillet until the fat runs; add the potato and fry for 5 mins or until the potato begins to soften.
- Next, add the onions and fry for 5 mins, add oil if needed.
- Transfer the skillet mixture to the slow cooker.
- Place the fish in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Lightly spoon some of the mixture over the fish chunks.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 hours or until fish is done.
- Taste, and if additional seasoning are needed, add at this time.
- Combine the cornstarch and milk together until smooth (no lumps) and pour into the chowder to thicken.
- Stir well and crock for another 30 – 45 minutes on Low.
NOTE: If you like your chowder thicker, simply use more cornstarch and milk.
SERVE with crusty bread, sprinkle with parsley (if desired) and a nice salad for a hearty meal.