- cooking spray
- 2 T. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. veal shoulder, roast, cubed
- 20 baby carrots, medium
- 1 pepper, red, small, cut in strips
- 1 onion, large, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves. medium, minced
- 1/8 tsp. ground sage, or more to taste, or 1 tsp. fresh chopped sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 c. beef broth, canned
- 14 1/2 oz. tomatoes, diced, canned
Slow Cooker Veal Stew can warm anyone up with the weather we are experiencing these past few weeks. Full of flavor and delicious.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper and place on a plate.
- Dust the veal with the flour mixture and brown veal in skillet for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer carrots to the bottom of a 4 – 5 quart slow cooker. Place browned veal over carrots.
- Spray skillet with additional cooking spray. Place onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat. Placing onion and garlic over the veal in the slow cooker. Sprinkling with the sage and oregano.
- Pour beef broth into skillet, scraping up any browned bits; adding to the slow cooker.
- Next, add the tomatoes and juice from the can to the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
OPTIONAL: Serve over noodles, rice or with risotto! YUM!