- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- 2 T. flour
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. veal shoulder, cubed
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 14 1/2 oz. diced tomatoes
Slow Cooker Veal Stew can warm anyone up with the weather we are experiencing these past few weeks. Full of flavor and delicious.
- Heat 2 T. Coconut Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the veal through the flour mixture and sear on both sides in skillet or just until there is a nice brown finish.
- Place carrots in a 6-Quart slow cooker and put browned veal on top of carrots.
- Carefully, pour 1/4 c. of the beef broth into the hot skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Pour into the slow cooker along with the remaining beef broth.
- Next, add the onions, garlic and diced tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- Finally, add the sage and oregano.
- Optional: Add mushrooms if you would like.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
OPTIONAL: Serve over noodles, rice or with risotto! YUM!