- 2 Dozen chicken wings
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 - 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. Ketchup
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 2 T. honey
This recipe for Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Wings or Drum Sticks (otherwise called Drummies), can easily be doubled or even tripled with a simple increase in the size of the slow cooker. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a 6-Quart slow cooker. Stir well.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the chicken with paper towels.
- Place chicken in the sauce ingredients and mix well until they are completely covered with sauce.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Optional final step: remove cooked chicken from the slow cooker and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to brown. (this is simply to make them look as good as they taste. Do NOT leave under the broiler for too long though, or the sugar in the BBQ sauce will burn.) You can also use a grill pan like this if you have one handy!
Serve with crisp celery sticks and ranch and/or blue cheese dressing.