- 18 - 20 chicken wings and/or drummettes
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 - 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (adjust according to how much heat your want)
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 T. honey
- 2 tsp. oil
This recipe for Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Wings or Drum Sticks (otherwise called Drummies), can easily be doubled or even tripled with a simple increase in the size of the slow cooker. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients except chicken wings or drummettes. Stir well to mix.
- Wash the wings and/or drummettes and pat them dry with paper towels until they are very dry. This will help the sauce stick to the chicken.
- Place wings/drummettes in the sauce ingredients and mix well until they are completely covered with sauce.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Pouring all the sauce over the already coated chicken.
- Cover and crock on Low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with crisp celery sticks and ranch and/or blue cheese dressing.