- 11 oz. canned condensed black bean soup
- 15 oz. kidney beans
- 15 oz. garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. hot chili beans
- 29 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. can corn
- 1 onion, large dice
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 oz. diced green chiles
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 T. cilantro
I am not even vegetarian, but I absolutely love this recipe for Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili, and this recipe is also a great recipe to freeze! YUMMY!
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, garlic and celery in a skillet until onion is almost translucent.
- Combine black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, chili beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chilies, and celery in the slow cooker.
- Add the seasonings; chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, basil, cilantro, or seasonings you prefer.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
I like to serve this chili with a warm loaf of bread, but also great with tortilla chips or cornbread.