- 11 oz. black beans in juice, or canned condensed black bean soup
- 15 oz. kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (lentils could be an option)
- 16 oz. baked beans, vegetarian
- 29 oz. tomatoes, crushed or 14 1/2 oz. tomato puree, chopped
- 15 oz. corn, drained, whole kernel
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 oz. chiles, diced
- 1 - 2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 T. cilantro
I am not even vegetarian, but I absolutely love this recipe for Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili, and this recipe is also a great recipe to freeze! YUMMY!
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and celery in a skillet for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chilies, and celery in the slow cooker.
- Add the seasonings; garlic, chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, basil, cilantro, or seasonings you prefer.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
I like to serve this chili with a warm loaf of bread, but also great with tortillas, chips or cornbread.
With the great seasonings, also good served over chips for delicious nachos!