- 2 1/2 lb. chicken, skinless, boneless, breast halves and/or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 9 oz. mushrooms, sliced, canned, drained (2 - 4 1/2 oz. cans = 9 oz.)
- 16 oz. Alfredo pasta sauce, jar
- 1/4 c. chicken broth or water (I prefer broth)
- 2 T. sherry, dry (optional)
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 10 oz. spaghetti, dried or pasta of your choice
- 2/3 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 c. green onion, thinly sliced
- 8 warm bread slices (optional)
Growing up my husbands Grandmother made Slow Cooker Chicken Tetrazzini every time they went on vacation to the lake. A great memory of his summer vacation and his Grandmother.
- Combine chicken and mushrooms in a 3-1/2 – 4 quart slow cooker.
- Stir together pasta sauce, broth, sherry (if desired), nutmeg, parsley, red pepper, and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour over mixture in crock.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Follow directions on the package of spaghetti; drain.
- Stir cheese into chicken mixture.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
Sprinkle each serving with green onion and also delicious with a loaf of warm bread.
*8 slices of bread included in nutrition facts: