- 3 lb. Klondike potatoes, cubed
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Green Chills, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. MInced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 32 oz. Chicken Broth
- 1/2 c. Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Frozen Broccoli
- 12 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 Green Onions, sliced
- Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
So many great potato soups, and Slow Cooker Smashed Potato Soup is definitely one more to add to your great soups repertoire! YUM!
- Place diced potatoes, yellow onion, chiles, garlic, and salt & pepper in a 6-Quart slow cooker. (Note: I like Klondike potatoes because you don’t have to peel them. If you use a different type, then peel prior to cooking.)
- Cover & Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Carefully use a hand blender and slightly whip soup to break up potatoes in smaller pieces. (can do in batches if easiest)
- Add sour cream, cheese and broccoli.
- Cover & Crock for an additional 30 minutes.
- Top with green onions and cheese when serving.
NOTE: Easy to make this a vegetarian recipe by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and not adding the bacon!