- 3 1/2 lb. Klondike potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 c. yellow and/or red or green sweet pepper
- 4 oz. green chills
- 1 1/2 tsp. roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 4 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. whipping cream, light cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 - 2/3 c. broccoli, chopped, fresh
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. green onions, thinly sliced
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Crumbled Bacon (optional)
So many great potato soups, and Slow Cooker Smashed Potato Soup is definitely one more to add to your great soups repertoire! YUM!
- Combine potatoes (I like Klondike potatoes because you don’t have to peel them. If you use a different type, then peel prior to crocking!) , sweet pepper, chiles, garlic, and black pepper in a 4 – 6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover & Crock on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Slightly mash potatoes with a potato masher.
- Stir in whipping cream, cheddar cheese, broccoli and the sliced green onions.
- Cover & Crock for an additional 30 minutes to cook the broccoli.
Serve with additional sliced green onions and/or crumbled bacon, if desired.
NOTE: Easy to make this a vegetarian recipe by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and not adding the bacon!