- 1 to 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 c. plus 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 14 oz. bag frozen fire-roasted peppers and onions
- 12 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15.5 oz. can black beans (drained)
- 15.5 oz. can diced roasted tomatoes
HEATHER’S FAVORITE CHILI
Submitted by: Sara Shadel
Source: Her friend Heather!
Sara says, “This is my favorite chili recipe given to me by my friend Heather!”
1. Spread ground beef in large stock pot.
2. Dissolve salt in water; pour over the meat.
3 Sprinkle the spices evenly over the meat.
4. Brown meat in pan over medium heat. (drain any fat)
5. Add beee and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker.
6. Cover and Crock for 4 hours on LOW or until heated through.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.