- 1 to 1.5 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 c. plus 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 14 oz. bag frozen fire-roasted peppers and onions
- 12 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15.5 oz. can black beans (drained)
- 15.5 oz. can diced roasted tomatoes
HEATHER’S FAVORITE CHILI
Submitted by: Sara Shadel
Source: Her friend Heather!
Sara says, “This is my favorite chili recipe given to me by my friend Heather!”
- Spread ground beef in large stock pot.
- Dissolve salt in water; pour over the meat.
- Sprinkle the spices evenly over the meat.
- Brown meat in pan over medium heat. (drain any fat)
- Add beef and remaining ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cover and Crock for 4 hours on LOW or until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.