- 1 lb. ground sausage, browned (or your favorite breakfast meat)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 16 oz. klondike medley potatoes (or your favorite potato)
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- Johnny's Seasoning Salt, to taste
You may have made breakfast casserole in a slow cooker before but I love this recipe more than most because I’ve incorporated fresh potatoes rather than hash browns from the freezer. As the saying goes “the fresher the better” and you will be pleasantly surprised how the texture and density of the fresh potatoes makes this breakfast casserole hearty and delicious. See a video of me Crocking up this delicious breakfast casserole HERE!
- Layer ingredients in the slow cooker, starting with the klondike potatoes
- Place browned sausage on top of potatoes
- Layer peppers, onion, and cheese in that order.
- Whisk eggs and milk together and pour over layers in slow cooker. Make sure everything gets nice and moist from the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt (or your favorite seasoning salt)- I use about 1-2 teaspoons.
- Cover and Crock on LOW for 7 hours.
- Wake up to a delicious breakfast casserole! I like to serve with fresh fruit. (and leftovers make a great snack or even dinner.)