- 1 package of Hurst’s Great Northern HamBeens (soaked overnight)
- 1 ham bone with leftover ham OR 1lb. ham steak, cut in big chunks
- 1 seasoning packet from the Hurst Bean package
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 6 c. Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
It’s Easter time and there’s no better way to use up that leftover Easter ham than to make a big delicious pot of Ham & Beans in the slow cooker! Growing up, my mom made ham & beans with our Easter ham bone and leftover ham – it was a hearty meal that helped us stretch the food budget a little further. Even today when I make Slow Cooker Ham & Beans I think of happy childhood memories and coming home to that delicious aroma!
What are your favorite Easter traditions? (old or new!) Leave a comment and you’ll be entered to WIN a $100 grocery gift card courtesy of Hurst Beans!
- Rinse and sort through the beans. Check for any unwanted debris and discard.
- Cover beans in water and soak overnight.
- Next day: drain liquid from beans
- Place all ingredients in a large (6 quart or larger) slow cooker.
- Give it a good stir!
- Cover & Crock on LOW for 8-10 hours, depending on your preferred texture.
- Serve with corn bread and enjoy.