- 12 pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 T. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 T. lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. Maple Extract
Using fresh fruit is always better! That is why I like not only making Apple Sauce, I also like making Pear Sauce. This recipe is delicious!
- Peel and chop pears in small pieces.
- In a bowl or the crock combine pears with cinnamon, ginger, sugar, water, lemon juice, pinch of salt, and maple extract, mixing well.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 5-7 hours or on High for 3-4 hours, making sure fruit is soft.
- With a immersion blender, or a food processor blend to your desired consistency.
Optional: Can also use apples with this recipe!
NOTE: If you like your pears a little chunky you may want to remove some of the chunks to add back. I like mine smooth, so I blend them all.