- 2 c. rhubarb, fresh, sliced
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tsp. lemon peel, grated (lemon zest)
- Crisp Topping;
- 1/4 c. softened butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
Definitely love this as a summer dessert recipe! You can make it with frozen Rhubarb too, but always best when it is fresh.
- Combine rhubarb slices with sugar, cinnamon stick, cloves and lemon zest in slow cooker. NOTE: (Place cinnamon stick, cloves and lemon zest in tied cheese cloth for easy removal)
- Cover. Crock on Low for 3 to 4 hours; remove whole spices.
- Spoon cooked rhubarbe into baking dish.
- Stir crisp topping ingredients together and sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
NOTE: Easy to make the day before, and assemble the day you want to make it! SOOOO GOOD!
SERVE with a scoop of ice cream!