- 1 lb. Tomatillos, husked
- 1/2 c. Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Serrano Chile Peppers, minced
- Juice from 1-2 Limes, about 1/4 c. lime juice
- 2 T. Chopped cilantro
- 1 T. Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 c. Boiling Water
Tomatillo Salsa Verde is as good as the red sauce, and this recipe is truly worth making! Easy and Delicious! Yummy!!
- Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into slow cooker.
- Season with lime juice, cumin, and salt. Pour in Boiling water.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, reduce to Low, allowing tomatillos to become soft, for another 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Stir in cilantro and oregano.
- Using a blender or a hand blender, puree the tomatillos and water until smooth.
SERVE with chips and/or any Mexican meal!
NOTE: If too thick, add a little more water!