- 1 lb. tomatillos, husked
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 serrano chile peppers, minced
- Juice from 1-2 Limes, about 1/4 c. lime juice
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 1 T. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 c. water, boiling
Tomatillo Salsa Verde is as good as the red sauce, and this recipe is truly worth making! Easy and Delicious! Yummy!!
- Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into slow cooker.
- Season with cilantro, lime juice, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in Boiling water.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, reduce to Low, allowing tomatillos to become soft, 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Using a blender or a hand blender, puree the tomatillos and water until smooth.
SERVE with chips and/or any mexican meal!
NOTE: If too thick, add a little more water!