- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 c. dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 c. salsa
- 14 oz. vegetable broth (beef or chicken broth can be substituted)
- 5-6 oz. vegetable broth (add as needed as stated in directions)
- 14 oz. corn, canned
- Suggested Taco Toppings:
- 6-8 tortilla shells
- 1/2 c. grated cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream and or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 c. lettuce, shredded
- lime juice for taste
- 3/4 c. tomatoes, fresh, chopped
Tacos are just FUN to make and FUN to serve. Great without meat as well. Enjoy these MEATLESS LENTIL TACOS!
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker, EXCEPT the corn and toppings.
- Cover. Crock on Low for 9 hours, stirring occasionally and adding broth or water as needed.
- Stir in corn when done.
- Fill hard or soft taco shells.
SERVE with toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
Nutrition facts include suggested toppings: