- 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 6 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced into chunks (red or white depending on your taste)
- 1 c. Chicken broth
- 18 oz. apricot jam or preserves
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. fresh thyme (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
I’ve loved apricot since I was a girl. Growing up in Illinois, we didn’t have fresh apricots around most of the year so I grew to love dried apricots and apricot jam anytime I could get it. That’s probably one of the reasons that I love this Slow Cooker Apricot Pork Tenderloin recipe – the flavors are so good together and they bring me back to my childhood. Enjoy this moist and tasty dish!
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker insert with the carrots and onions.
- Generously season tenderloin with salt and pepper and place the over carrots and sliced onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together broth, apricot, mustard and thyme.
- Pour mixture over the tenderloin.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or until tender.