- 1/4 c. Tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 3 T. Coconut aminos
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- 2 T. Rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. Organic ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh ginger
- 1/4 c. diced celery
- 1/2 -1 T. Organic sugar
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced thin
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
I’ve been focused on feeding my family more Paleo-friendly meals (mostly meat, vegetables & fruit) and this is one of my latest creations. I’m planning on developing more Paleo recipes as many of you have mentioned that you follow this lifestyle. If you have a favorite Paleo slow cooker recipe, please feel free to share in the comments. Thanks!
- Combine tapioca flour with pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and toss to coat well.
- Place the chopped onion and coconut aminos in 4-5 Quart slow cooker and turn to LOW.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Combine rest of ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- If desired, sprinkle in red pepper flakes.
- Cover & Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
NOTE: Just before serving, stir in cashews. Garnish with green onion. YUM!