- 2 lb. ground pork (can use ground beef or ground veal)
- 3/4 c. onion, medium yellow, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 5 cloves of garlic, 4 crushed, 1 chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 chili powder
- 1/8 - 1/4 crushed red pepper, depending on how hot you like your meatballs
- 5 T. breadcrumbs, plain, dried
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 T. parsley, fresh, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 3 T. olive oil, extra-virgin
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- Fresh crusted bread for serving
You can serve Slow Cooker Spanish Meatballs as an appetizer or as a meal! Great to make and freeze to keep on hand!
- In a large bowl mix together with your hands: meat, 1/4 c. onion, cumin, garlic, 1/2 tsp. paprika, chili powder, crushed red peppers, breadcrumbs, eggs, and parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs on all sides. In batches if necessary.
- Place the Meatballs in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining onion to skillet; and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Place onion in the slow cooker, along with remaining paprika and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or until meatballs are tender.
- Serve with fresh crusted bread, and garnish with some parsley if desired
Options: Great served as an appetizer or over the pasta of your choice!