- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked and cubed
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz. tomatillos, drained and chopped (I use "salsa" setting on blender)
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 c. Chicken Broth
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles (do not drain)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 & 1/2 cup of dried Hurst 15 Bean Soup
- 3 T. lime juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish: shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
****GIVEAWAY*** $100 Grocery Card! See Details below!
I love chili in the fall but sometimes it’s nice to step outside a traditional recipe and make something new. My suggestion? Give this 15 Bean Chicken Chili a shot. It’s totally delicious and really easy! (plus the different beans all look so pretty.) Note: This is more of a white chili recipe, not a traditional “tomatoey” chili.
— Thanks to our friends at Hurst Beans, you can get $100 grocery card to the store of your choice! See the contest details HERE.
- Measure out 1.5 cups of dry beans. Rinse and drain the beans.
- For best results, soak the beans overnight by placing in a bowl then covering with water.
- Next day: Drain the beans and add to the slow cooker.
- Place all remaining ingredients except the cheese in the slow cooker.
- Cover & Cook the chili on LOW for 8 hours.
To serve: Place chili in a bowl and top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. We like to serve this in individual portions when having a large gathering or even on Halloween!